Sunday, May 12, 2013

Day 73- Emma's Drive

Saturday- 5/11/13

Everything about this golf tournament was amazing!!! The only hitch was with mother nature for the last few holes of the day but with it calling for rain all day and everyone prepared, there were no real complaints! I can't put into words how special today was. I'm not one that is often short of words or concerned with public speaking however today was different. After the winners were announced and the abundance of prizes were raffled off, I wanted to thank everyone on behalf of our family. I opened my mouth and nothing came out, my throat closed, my eyes teared and I lost my breath. The moment and my opportunity were lost. I felt awful and still do as I can't express how grateful we are to all that were a part of this day. It all started a few months ago when Chrissy came to us with the idea and asked if we minded if she put this tournament together. We gave her our blessing and off she went. Amanda and I have no idea really who to thank as we were completely in the dark on all fronts. I do know that Ron and Billy were her first 2 recruits and would think that Chrissy would agree that she couldn't have done this without them. I don't want to miss anyone so I will defer to Chrissy on making this a little more personal. However, on a broader level we want to thank all 144 players, the numerous volunteers from working at the golf course or back at the Elks, all the "chefs" in the kitchen, the Elks for their continued support, the bartenders!, Brettwood Golf Course, to all the sponsors and to those that couldn't play but donated to Emma Fund anyway. Thank you, thank you, thank you! This event could not happen without each and every one of you! We are looking forward to getting home and are planning for our departure at the end of the week if everything stays on course.
Thanks again,
The OBrien Clan

Pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment